Thursday, October 23, 2008

My baby is 14.

Wow. How in the world did this sweet little boy already get to be a 6 foot tall 14 year old? It doesn't seem all that long ago he was this easy baby who was too long for the nurses to properly swaddle at the hospital as a newborn. I remember watching Chris hold him for the first time and being amazed at what a bond the two of them had from the get go. And that first day in the hospital we discovered he'd be so much like my dad. You see, Jesse was born with a bone in his foot curved out slightly. Doc asked if anyone in our family had such a thing and my Daddy said, "Doesn't everyone's do that?" Hmmm.... Jesse has grown into such a strong young man in every sense. He is a strong young man in his beliefs. When he decides something, that's it, no changing his mind. He is a strong young man in the physical sense. We were unloading doors and windows the other day and while it was no problem for him, I couldn't handle several of them. He is strong in mind. Such a memory and such a creative thinking process he has. I pray that God will continue to bless my sweet baby boy. Happy birthday, Jesse. Love ya bunches.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Happy Birthday Jesse.

And happy birthday Momma and Dad. Such a special day for all of you.