Friday, January 22, 2010

The mud, the cursed mud, has returned.....

Yes, I know it gets muddy at some point in Missouri every winter. Usually around this time or at least by February. It has been muddy for about a week now and our family has simply had enough. Our moods have turned as sour as the sickly calves stomaches. Our drugs for the calves arrived tonight and Jesse promptly treated them. He even made sure to change the needles between calves so as not to cross contaminate. The boy has surely been paying attention over the years to his vet science leader and his parents - thankfully! We finished up two chapters in his Ag Science class over the last two weeks. He knew it all and wondered why we had to cover it. I suggested it was a review. Then his brother decided to inform him that he'd have to review it next year in the public school ag class too. I'm guess he'll be an expert on beef production by the time he gets to college. Which is a good thing because he's chosen a career path......after much thought and concern he has decided he wants to be an animal embryologist. I'm doing some research as to what all he needs to do and study and he is quite excited about it. I looked at some microscopes the other night thinking it might be time to upgrade so he can do some better microscopic study. I guess I need to be saving my pennies from the library job to do that. I think it'll take roughtly 4 months of my salary to get one that's good enough. Ai yi yi. Guess I'll consider it an investment in our future embryo transfer program.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Well, if that is really what he wants, we could all give him money for holidays (that require gifts) like his birthday, whatever and then he can purchase it himself. Tell him, I might know someone that is needing help soon but he has to do some studying for that as well.
Love,
Aunt My.

Melinda said...

I'm going to do some checking around on the microscope. It would be one of those lifetime purchases.