Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow....

I love snow. It's so beautiful and calming. And, if it's cold enough to snow, the ground should be frozen! Even better in my opinion. As I type this at 4:30 am, it's a balmy 9 degrees outside. Yet another night to be thankful for our ground source heat pump. I have a goal for myself for this month. Beginning today, I'm going to walk a minimum of 1 mile a day. I got a video to walk along with so that when it's too cold or muddy or whatever outside, I can walk in the man cave. Feel free to check up on me. I'm a notorious slacker.

3 comments:

Nana said...

Good for you, does that not include all the walking you do to check calves!? As soon as it warms up, I am going to start walking as well.
Take care and stay warm.
Mylene

4stemmes said...

Tell me more about this "walking video". I'm intrigued. As well as relieved to find out that my occasional slothfullness is already in my gene pool and not something that I developed completely on my own.

Melinda said...

Tara, the walking videos I have are Leslie Sansone's. They're a nice intro to getting some sort of shape back for those of us that don't really have a burning desire for working out. I did the one mile walk yesterday in about a half hour. Between that and drinking a ton of water, I did feel a bit better.