Thursday, May 26, 2011

What a month....

I know, I know, I said I was going to try to post once a week on here and it's now been a month.  I'm sorry.  Turns out shortly after that post I was offered a new job.  I have spent the entire last month working two jobs plus we graduated Chris mid month.  It's been a tad hectic to say the least.

Last night was my final day at the library.  I've enjoyed my time there and am thankful they gave me the opportunity to work there 2 years ago.  I'm also thankful that my new job is something I'm really enjoying a lot.  I've started working for Missouri Land and Home Real Estate Office in Columbia.  Right now I'm doing the ads and brochures for their auctions.  I get to play at desktop publishing a lot!  I'm thankful Kurt and Ann were willing to give me a chance at this.  We've worked it out so that I'll be part time at least until we get Jesse out of high school.

Mike awarding Chris his diploma
Chris graduated on May 14th.  I really cannot believe the time has flown by so quickly.  We homeschooled for 9 years with him.  I never would have thought we'd do more than one or two in the beginning.  Funny how God knew so much better than I. :)  We had a big party for him, and, despite the weather, had a great turnout. 


2010-11 Mexico FFA Officer Team
 The week following the graduation was the FFA Banquet.  We put some time into setting it up at the 4-H Center and preparing the food.  It was so worth it.  Our ag teacher, Stephanie Gutshall, was nervous about making it look good.  She's a 3rd generation ag instructor and has been to a lot of banquets.  Her dad came and said it was one of the best he's been to.  I think emotionally, the FFA banquet was harder for me than the actual graduation.  Chris was one of 4 seniors on the officer team this year.  They have done a good job working together and really improving the chapter.  By the end of the night we learned that Jesse was the new 1st vice president.  I really cannot express how proud I am of our guys.  They both put a lot of effort into the FFA program and it shows. 

2011-12 Mexico FFA Officer Team
Last Sunday night a tornado ripped through Joplin, Missouri.  Yesterday, there were more tornado warnings our for our area than I could count.  Several touched down, but the damage was so much less than that in Joplin.  Sedalia sustained some sizable damage and is beginning the rebuilding process.  Thankfully there were no lives lost in Sedalia.  As of today, the death count in Joplin was 125. 

I have so many things I could write about, but there are also many other things calling for my attention.  For now, I think I'll attend to those other things and work on some future posts for you later tonight.

1 comment:

Nan said...

I know you were super busy and it was a very emotional month for you (and all of us). I can't believe he is an adult! Jesse isn't far behind either. Thinking of you all and praying as you adjust the the new life. So glad you enjoy your new job.
Mylene