Thursday, May 27, 2010

Planning and calendar maintenance.....

At this point in my life I'm wonderin if it's a genetic flaw in the male chromosome. I live in a house with 3 men and have contact with both Mike's dad and my own dad on a very regular basis. Most of our cattle customers are men. Wanna know what I'm thinking? Calendars are for women only. I finally sat down today and made out a calendar for each of our dads with all the things the boys have going on in the next two months. I had a call from one dad needing help this morning and another call from the other dad wanting them this weekend. I figured it'd be just as easy for them to look at a piece of paper and ask to be written in for a free day. Is that crazy of me? Does anyone else need this kind of help? While the boys aren't involved in a lot of outside activities, they do seem to be eating up some time in the next few weeks. And both dads want hay done....yesterday. Next week we have a day for church, Chris has 1/2 day for FFA, both have a day for 4-H and then one day for us at a show. THUD. Somewhere in there I'm sure one or both dads will need one, two or more of us to help with something. AGH~~!
I have papers everywhere on my bulletin boards and desk with dates. Maybe that's what I collect.....date info.

I also got around to update two websites today. Mike's encouraging me to get that going as a side business that might eventually pay for some bills. I enjoy it a lot, can do it from home at any time and best of all, I could make a little money off it. We'll have to see how it all pans out. You know, as soon as I get it on the calendar. :)

2 comments:

4stemmes said...

I've actually started putting what Greg does into my phone because I was getting tired of hearing, "Babe! When did I work at Kathy's for a 1/2 day? Was it the same day that I took that stuff back to Home Depot??" Ugh. He really should start paying me to be his secretary ;)

Nana said...

I understand the calendar thing, when I worked, I put everything on my calendar at work (personal and business) so I would know what direction I should go when I went to lunch or left work for the day. They could learn a lot from us organized people right?
Mylene