Friday, September 5, 2008

Exhaustion!

I knew I had a lot on the calendar for today, but I had no way of knowing how exhausting it would be. We got school done early today and it was certainly a good thing. Mike and the guys had to put a tire back on the stock trailer (had a nail hole repaired) and get two show calves loaded. Meanwhile, I visited with some friends about entries that are coming due for the American Royal. We got on the road just in time and took the calves to be dehorned surgically. I didn't get to go along last time and it was quite interesting. The assistant was a bit squeamish. LOL. He asked if I was ok with it and I assured him that my children have gotten me over any blood squeamishness I ever had. The boys were right up by the calves heads watching it all. I think they could easily handle it. While they were working on Chris's heifer Jesse and I went to pick up two beeves from the locker. We had 24 bags of meat! We loaded all that in the front of the trailer and put the calves in the middle section. Once we got home we had to sort out 12 of the bags for Mike to deliver to guys at work. In the meantime, my parents showed up with a load of hay that we had loaded on Tuesday. It rained Wednesday and Thursday and Daddy wanted it unloaded today. The boys unloaded it and then finally made it in for lunch........at 3 pm. Chris and I made a Wal Mart run for stuff for tomorrow and next week. And here I sit now.....wiped out.

Melinda

No comments: