Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The work began and quickly stopped.

The guys got the footer dug and poured on Tuesday. Woo hoo. Tuesday night and today, it's rained....and rained.....and rained. I highly doubt we'll get any more physical work done on the house this week. While I'm a little disappointed, I feel like God has finally taught me not to stress over this little bump in the road. When I was younger, I really had a hard time with minor inconviences. I thought the world was ending if everything didn't go my way. God has had to work on me for a lot of years to get beyond that.

We started school today. I really thought the day went well. I didn't plan a full day's work for the guys, but they sure did get through faster than I had anticipated. Next week we'll get into a fuller schedule and go from there. I have to tell you that I really do enjoy teaching the guys. I learn so much every year with them.

Melinda

No comments: