Friday, April 15, 2011

Time is flying....

I feel like if I don't stop and record a bit of what's going on it will get lost in the shuffle of my brain. 

Cattle shows - we've hit 3 shows now with mixed results at each.  We're having fun and enjoying our time together though and, to be honest, that's the best part about showing anyway.  I love the time in the truck with all three of the guys just chatting and catching up with one another.

Judging - the boys finished their judging careers yesterday.  Kind of.  While they may not have placed as high as they would have liked, they stuck with it.  Chris even said he'd like to coach a livestock judging team next year for the local high school.  Yes, you read that right....Chris said that.  Allowing him to go to the high school for an hour a day for ag class and being involved in FFA has done so much for his leadership skills.  I am so thankful that both of the boys are willing to use the gifts and talents God has blessed them with.  Jesse is looking forward to a new contest team next year.  I'm trying to convince him to try Farm Management.  I think he has the business mind for it.

School - We are done.  Record early for finishing bookwork.  Record for motivation to keep at it.  Chris graduates a month from yesterday.  Jesse is looking forward to his senior year.  I do not know where the time has gone.  I have loved every minute God gave me with homeschooling my sons.  He has blessed me greatly.

I'm still trying to figure out what God has in store for me this year.  I feel like it's time for me to move back into the workforce full time, but so far every door has been slammed shut.  I found another opportunity yesterday that I need to pursue.  I know there is a plan and that in God's timing it will be revealed.  I'm just not the best at being patient and waiting on that plan. 

I've been inspired lately to write more by a group of farm wives writing blogs.  Maybe I'm nearing a stage where I can carve out the time again for such fun times.  I'm going to try.  I'm not going to promise a blog a day or even every other day.  Right now, the most I can commit to is a blog a week.  We'll see how it goes and build from there.

No comments: